Saturday, March 6, 2010

Theirs really nothing I love more than an early Saturday morning. I roll out of bed in my PJ's, usually after a fairly simple evening, I know, boring but true, throw on my slippers aka my overly warn Nike dunks, and head down to Joe on 23rd for a cup of coffee or tea.

Joe is my hang out before 9:30 am. Everyone on the staff is friendly and usually they can call my drink before I have a chance to request it. The friends I've made at Joe are a colorful cast, from AB-SO-FAB FASHIONISTA-FIT-GAYS to wonderfully successful women of age to 3yr. olds who like to come over and admire my daily shoe selections. You get it, I love JOE!

After a cup and some sketches in my journal, I'll usually make my way over to the Antique Malls and Flea Markets on 6th and 25th. For those of you who don't know, that area of 6th Ave. used to be nothing but markets. Their were at least 5 separate flea markets in 2005 when i lived on the corner of 26th and 6th. Now, their are 3, and thats if you count each level of the garage as a separate market. Anyways, these markets have some of the most extraordinary selections in vintage fashions, furniture and other strange odd's and ends. Plus the people selling are quite the characters! Recently, I purchased a gold razorblade charm on a beautiful gold rope chain, such a cute find! The women I purchased from was a lovely Russian women who's items lay in such dishevelment you'd never guess she had such treasures.

Rule #1 of the market, you must have patience with yourself. You don't find buried treasures floating on the surface.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers